IW EWG – 11 Apr 2019
The most recent EWG was held on Thursday 11 April 2019. Prior to this EWG, Defence and co-hosts ADIESA decided to rename the EWG Information Warfare (IW) instead of C4ISREW to both simplify the acronym and align it to name of the Defence sponsor, Head Information Warfare, MAJGEN Marcus Thompson.
The EWG agenda covered:
- Welcome from AM Warren Macdonald, Chief of Joint Capabilities Group (JCG) by video
- Role of JCG, especially IW Division with each of its three Branches by MAJGEN Thompson and his Branch heads
- Geopolitical drivers and Australia in the Indo-Pacific
- Force Design processes and the Force Structure Plan (FSP) 19
- Delivery group perspectives by Ivan Zlabur (CASG) and Janice Law (CIOG)
- Breakout sessions:
- ISREW led by BRIG Steve Beaumont, covering JP500, JP9321, JP2289, LAND1771, LAND8410
- C2 led by BRIG Warren Gould, covering LAND200, AIR6500, AIR5077, JP2221, JP9347, JP9111
- Cyber led by GPCAPT David Cox, covering JP9131
- Space and Communications led by LTCOL Mick Hose, covering JP9101, JP9102, JP9380, DEF799, JP2078, DEF100, DEF2064, JP9350, JP9351, JP9352, JP9355.
Another EWG is planned to be held prior to the end of 2019.